CONTACT THE J TENNIS CENTER:
305.271.9000 X290 | MCHELLAS@ALPERJCC.ORG
Click Here to Reserve a Court & Register Online
Tennis program offered to juniors in an age, equipment & size appropriate format. At the J we pride ourselves on using an advancement level colored balls system where the bounce & weight of the ball is regulated for their ability level, making the whole experience much more rewarding, successful & most of all FUN!
RED BALL PROGRAM - Recommended for 4-7/8 Year old's. The ball is substantially larger & lighter, RED in color & 25% pressure compared to a regular tennis ball to ensure a lower slower bounce to contact at waist height! (Racket recommended between 19"-23') Red: 3pm - 4pm - 5pm
ORANGE BALL PROGRAM - Recommended for 7-10/11 Year old's.
The ball is regular size, still lighter, with an ORANGE dot. 50% pressure compared to a regular tennis ball to slow down some & still keep ball in players strike zone! (Racket size recommended 23"-25")
Orange: 3pm - 4pm - 5pm
GREEN DOT PROGRAM - Recommended for 10-12/13 Year olds. The ball is regular size with a GREEN dot. 75% pressure compared to a regular tennis ball, feels same weight but still avoids the ball bouncing way over shoulder & head height, for advanced technique improvements! (Racket recommended 26"-27") Green: 4pm - 5pm - 6pm
YELLOW BALL PROGRAM - Recommended for 12 & up. Regular yellow tennis ball with full compression. Children by this age coming through the system should have sound judgement, foot work & technique to handle a regular ball. Tournaments for this age are now yellow ball. (Racket recommended 27") Yellow: 4pm - 5pm - 6pm
A program designed for more serious and competitive Jr Players. Program consists of more comprehensive footwork
patterns, heavy drill session's, point construction based competing, forming weapon's to control & dictate
points as well as go-to pattern's for performing under pressure. Minimum of 2 days per week and expected to
compete in local tournaments on a regular basis.
JR. ACADEMY | Tues. Wed. & Thurs. 5-7pm (2 hrs)
HIGH PERFORMANCE ACADEMY
A program designed for students who have aspirations of attaining NCAA college scholarships or becoming a professional
player. We offer a weekly set program or customized programs based on each players goals. With our world class facility,
instructors & program we firmly believe that rather than large academy settings, a personalized tennis program with no
limitations is the best way to help navigate a player to fulfilling their tennis potential.
HP ACADEMY | Mon. Wed. & Fri. 5-7pm (2 hrs)
At the Alper JCC we have programs & leagues available for NEW players to the game through to 5.0 & above.
Our clinics are designed to be a great CARDIO work out, as well as tailored SINGLES or DOUBLES designed specific to
your team with coaching & training to elevate your game to new heights. We have ongoing sessions or please ask
us about forming your own CLINIC!
Adult Leagues: Speak to one of our head pros or Director of Tennis, Mark Chellas at 305.271.9000 X290
Making Tennis Court reservations are easy! Just follow these simple steps:
- Click Here For Our Online Tennis Reservations Site
- Select court reservation
- On the calendar select date & time (members may book up to 7 days in advance, non-members 4 days)
- You will then be prompted to create a login or sign in
- Then you will be prompted to pay via CC to complete reservation
M = Member | NM = Non-Member
Non-Member: $10/person (1.5hr)
Member: NON PEAK TIMES FREE
Peak Times: $5/Person
(4-7pm week days | 9-12 Sat.)
Leagues Fees: NM $10/person | M/Free
1 day per week M $18/hr NM $20/hr
2 days per week M $17/hr NM $19/hr
3+ days per week M$15/hr NM $17/hr
1-2 days per week M $30/2hr, NM $35
3+ days per week M $25/2hr, NM $30
Mon - Wed - Fri. 5-7pm (2 hrs)
1-2 days per week M $35/2hr, NM $40
3+ days per week M $30/2hr, NM $35
DIRECTOR: $70/hr, $35 1/2hr M | $75/hr, $40 1/2hr NM
PROS STAFF: $90/1.5hr, $60/hr, $35 1/2hr NM & M
- 7 lit hard courts
- Tennis accessories, rackets & supplies available
- Re-gripping, restringing & repairs available
- World Class Teaching Professionals
11155 SW 112 Avenue, Miami, FL
Director of Tennis, Mark Chellas
CONTACT THE J TENNIS CENTER AT 305.271.9000 X290 | MCHELLAS@ALPERJCC.ORG
TENNIS CENTER RULES & REGULATIONS
- The Alper JCC tennis facility features 7 outdoor hard surfaced courts
- The Alper JCC Tennis Facility is open:
- Monday-Thursday 8am-9:30pm
- Friday 8am-6pm
- Saturday 8am-5pm
- Sunday 8am-5pm
- Children under the age of 15 must have a parent present to use our courts
- Children under the age of 12 participating in our Alper JCC tennis programs must be accompanied to the courts & registered into the program.
- All tennis registrations including clinics, private lessons, and court time must be booked through tennisdirector.com/jcc
- Current JCC members can reserve up to 1.5 hours of court time per day free of charge, excluding primetime 5-7pm Mon-Thur & special events, using tennisdirector.com/jcc.
- Non-members use of the courts, including playing with a JCC member is $10, per 1.5 hours, i.e. 2 non-members playing singles would be $20/1.5 hours 4 non-members playing doubles would be $40/1.5 hours
- All court fees are due when the reservation is made
- No more than 4 people may be on a court at once except in JCC run clinics and JCC run group lessons
- Court cancellations by a Non-Member must be made 12 hours in advance - there will be no refunds for less than 12 hours’ notice. Members cancelling less than 6 hours in advance will be assessed a $10 fee charged to their credit card on file.
- All players are expected to enter through the JCC Health Center, building #6, and check-in with the front desk attendant
- Players who do not check-in at least 15 minutes after their scheduled court time will be considered to have abandoned their reservation and the court may be repurposed without a refund
- At the conclusion of a reserved time all players are expected to exit the court in a timely manner
- Proper tennis etiquette including use of proper language and sportsmanship is expected at all times. Failure to follow these simple guidelines can result in discipline up to and including the termination of the players ability to use our facility, and/or JCC membership.
- All cell phones are to be silenced and/or put on vibrate before entering the courts
- Proper tennis attire including the use of non-marking soled footwear is required. No street clothes, crop tops, jeans, tank tops for men, etc. are allowed. Shirts must be worn at all times. Players not wearing the proper attire, including proper shoes, may be required to forfeit their scheduled reservation.
- The JCC is a smoke-free facility, smoking not permitted on the JCC campus
- Glass containers are not permitted on the JCC courts
- No alcoholic beverages are permitted inside the JCC courts
- No activities other than tennis are allowed on the courts
- Only pro-staff employed by the Alper JCC are allowed to coach, instruct, teach, or otherwise guide players. Individuals who violate this policy will have their facility privileges, and/or membership terminated and be asked to leave the facility.
- No baskets or hoppers of balls are allowed on court with the exception of the pro-staff employed by the Alper JCC
- A maximum of 9 balls are allowed on court with the exception of the pro-staff employed by the Alper JCC
- The Alper JCC has the final say in any and all dispute resolution