Hover over date to see available events:
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, ECD Director or call 305.271.9000 x301.
2 months through 2 years
Taking care of infants and toddlers involves more than just meeting their physical needs. Our caregivers are responsive professionals concerned about all aspects of children's development. By using the clearly defined practices of the HighScope Infant-Toddler Curriculum, caregivers develop close and supportive relationships with the children. Our program creates an environment that recognizes infants' and toddlers' needs to look, listen, wiggle, roll, crawl, climb, rock, bounce, rest, eat, make noise, grasp, mouth or drop things. And even to be messy from time to time!
Our HighScope comprehensive curriculum addresses all areas of infant-toddler development including:
• Approaches to learning
PRESCHOOL 3 & PRE-K
Three to five year-olds
• Adult-child interactions are present when our teachers are working alongside children and communicating with them verbally and nonverbally. This encourages learning. Additional strategies include: supporting children's play, using encouragement instead of praise and taking a problem-solving approach to conflict.
• Our HighScope classroom environments are divided into interest areas filled with real life meaningful materials designed for specific types of play. These include a house area, art area, block area, small toy area, computer area and a reading and writing area. Materials are arranged in consistent places and the shelves are labeled so that children can put away materials themselves. The classroom's organization also helps children understand how the world is organized. They learn concepts such as: more, less, same, different, large, small, in and out.
• During our daily routine there is a consistent framework that provides a balanced variety of active learning opportunities.
Why Choose Our ECD Preschool?
• We are an A.P.P.L.E. accredited school (Accredited Professional Preschool Environment) through the Florida Association of Childcare Management (FACCM). This prestigious recognition involved a rigorous process of meeting high criteria in: learning environment; adult-child interactions; staff educational qualifications; adult-child ratios and group sizes; family engagement; program administration; curriculum; assessment and evaluation of the children and program; and community involvement.
• We offer enrichment programs including weekly Shabbat, music with a trained music specialist, creative movement classes, yoga instruction and a bi-monthly physical fitness fun bus program. Ballet, soccer, basketball and Spanish lessons are offered after school for an additional fee.
• Our Judaic components play a significant role in the young child’s development. By integrating Judaic experiences into a child’s life, a wholesome self-concept and a sense of identification is developed with the family, the Jewish community, the American people and the world at large.
• Included in our preschool program are weekly swimming lessons with Swim Gym in our Jr. Olympic-sized pool.
• Our active Parent Association is engaged in all aspects of the program from “funraisers to fundraisers.” We encourage family participation.
Our Facility Features:
• A spacious 18-room building with a large activity room for special events, holiday celebrations, parent-child activities and teacher training
Stop by or call 305.271.9000 x301 to schedule your preschool tour.
How To Enroll
All ECD preschool families (excluding free VPK-only) must be Program Members of the Dave and Mary Alper JCC. Program Membership privileges include priority registration, access to members-only programs and full use of the facility including swimming pool, tennis and racquetball courts and indoor basketball gym. Program membership also includes discounts on summer camp, special events and classes. Families may upgrade their membership to include membership in our Fitness Center. To register for ECD preschool, call 305.271.9000 x301.
Tuition costs for our program are based on the child’s class level, length of day, and participation in early or late after care. Our fullday program includes discounted rates for winter and spring minicamps when school is closed for vacation. Flexible Schedules allow parents to choose from a variety of options to meet their childcare needs. We offer full- and extended-day care for infants and toddlers. Two, three and four year-olds have the option of attending part-time (9am-Noon, extended-days until 2pm or 4pm dismissal, and full-days from 7:30am-6pm).
Sandra Blasberg-Imar, Early Childhood Director
Sandra has done an incredible job re-invigorating our ECD community; parents, children, and staff. She has begun to implement a more child-centered developmental approach, that has been both well received, and is showing meaningful gains in the classroom. Sandra is regularly in the rooms observing and making small adjustments with both the teachers and the children. She has exceeded our expectations and we are so happy to have her as the one in charge of our tiniest JCC members. For more information, contact email@example.com, ECD Director or call 305.271.9000 x301.
Teachers & Specialists