Hover over date to see available events:
For the 8 Nights of Hanukkah (12/2-12/9), Camp J Miami is offering a discount off your total Camp 2019 Tuition!
Campers registered for 8 weeks receive $125 off.
Campers registered for 5-7 weeks receive $75 off.
Campers registered for 2-4 weeks receive $50 off.
Don't forget, any camper ages 5 to 12 who is registered before 12/10/18 will be given 2 free days to participate in our Mini Camp once the $250 deposit is received* Mini Camp Days are as follows: December 24, 26-28, 31 and January 2-4. (*deposit is non-refundable)
At Summer Camp at the J we introduce your child to new experiences while creating friendships in a fun and safe environment. We strive to build confidence, stretch imaginations and teach new skills. Your camper will get to experience summer-time favorites, like sports, art, swim instruction, weekly field trips, and lots more, led by our highly trained and selectively chosen counselors. We welcome campers from all backgrounds, and emphasize Jewish values, like tzedekah (giving back) and kehillah (community).
Fill out this form to request information on Summer Camp or Contact the Camp Office at 305.271.9000 x271 or X273
Brochure, Fees, Forms and Contact Information
NEW THIS YEAR - Camp J online registration! No more paper registration forms! 2019 Summer Camp registration will be online only.
2019 Summer Camp brochure coming soon...
Summer Camp Overview
Only at our Camp J Miami will you find an exceptionally qualified staff and high quality programming led by Youth & Camp Director Nikki Fernandez
Summer Camp 2019 Dates: June 17 – Aug. 9
1st Session June 17 - July 12
2nd Session July 15 – August 9
Camp Hours: 9am to 4pm
Early & Late Care Available at an additional cost
ONE PRICE, ONE COMMUNITY - JCC SUMMER CAMP FAMILY MEMBERSHIP
$99 ALL-INCLUSIVE JCC SUMMER MEMBERSHIP FOR NEW CAMP FAMILIES AND $199 FOR RETURNING CAMP FAMILIES*: While your kids enjoy camp, the entire family can enjoy the JCC’s 23-acre campus, including a state-of-the-art fitness center, sauna and steam room, Jr. Olympic-sized pool, basketball gym, racquetball courts, tennis courts, and free childcare while using the fitness center. All Alper JCC summer camp families must have a Family Annual Membership or join the Alper JCC as a Camp Family Member through Aug. 31, 2019. Call Alper JCC Membership Services at 305.271.9000 x235 for more info. $99 offer is for new camp families only. Membership fee is non-refundable and must be paid in full at time of registration.
Only at the Alper JCC Facilities
Hobby Hour Activities
• 3-D Multi Media Art • Adventures in Art • Artistic Accessories • Arts and Crafts • Baseball • Basketball • Cardio Fitness/Nutrition • Cardio Fitness • Aerobics/ Indoor Cycling • Cardio Vascular Training • Ceramics or Wheel throwing • Cheerleading • Chess • Computers • Drama or Summer Stock • Field Games • Football • Gourmets in the Kitchen • Hip Hop/Jazz • Jewelry Making • Kids Cuisine • Martial Arts • Nature • Painting and Drawing • Robotics • Rocketry • Science Wizardry • Soccer • Spinning • Swim/Pool Games • Tennis • Water Polo • Watercolor • Woodworking
Fully Inclusive Camp
JCC Summer Camp strives to create the most inclusive and supportive environment for children of all abilities. We enthusiastically welcome children and teens with developmental disabilities and/or physical challenges in all camp programs. Children in the inclusion program may have accommodations made and receive special assistance from a facilitator. All applicants must complete an individualized assessment to determine whether the program will meet the needs of each prospective camper. For more info, contact Youth & Camp Director and Inclusion Director Nikki Fernandez at 305.271.9000 x253 or email@example.com.
Peanut and Tree Nut Aware Camp
Campers may bring their own lunches daily, clearly marked with their name. We request that camp families not send any lunch or snacks to camp to camp with nuts in the ingredients. Alper JCC provides non-dairy drinks and snacks. An optional Kosher lunch program is available for purchase.
General Camp Program
TEENOKIM "Babies" | Infants - 1yr. after 8/31
NITZANIM "Young Ones" | Toddler - 1 yr. before 8/31
K’TANIM "Little Ones" | 2 years old by 8/31
What's Exciting in TEENOKIM, NITZANIM and K’TANIM
Experienced certified teachers lead each TEENOKIM, NITZANIM and K’TANIM camp group. Together they create an environment specifically designed to promote socialization, language development and creativity for our youngest campers
• Arts & crafts • Cooking • Creative Movement / Dance • Music & rhythm • Gymnastics • Judaic programs • Indoor play • Outdoor games • Water/splash activities • Weekly themes • Storytelling • Hands-on projects • Special events • Shows • Character visits
CHAVERIM "Friends" | 3 years old
YELADIM "Children" | 4 years old
What's Exciting In CHAVERIM & YELADIM:
KADIMA "Forward" | Entering Kindergarten
SABRA "Native Israeli" | Campers Entering 1st Grade
What's Exciting In KADIMA & SABRA:
BONIM "Builders" | Campers Entering 2nd Grade
HALUTZIM "Pioneers" | Campers Entering 3rd Grade
What's Exciting In BONIM & HALUTZIM:
TSOFIM "Scouts" | Campers entering 4th-5th Grades
TSOFIM campers, twice a week, travel to interesting South Florida destinations.
What's Exciting In TSOFIM:
• Daily instructional American Red Cross swim readiness program led by fully trained Water Safety Instructors in the Jr. Olympic-size pool • Adventure trips in the tri-county area • Basketball • Football • Hobby Hour program (over 40 choices) • Arts & crafts • Ceramics • Chess • Computers • Jewelry making • Lego/K'nex construction • Multi-media Art • Garage Band Video/Music Production • Robotics • Rocketry • Ruach (Jewish spirit) • Website design
RISHONIM "First" | Campers Entering 6th-8th Grade
RISHONIM campers travel to interesting locations in Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties. Terrific trips with skill instruction include canoeing, ice skating, bowling and more.
Each session, there is one overnight trip to a fantastic destination spot such as Orlando, Tampa or Rapids Water Park in West Palm Beach.
What's Exciting In RISHONIM:
• Daily instructional American Red Cross swim readiness program led by fully trained Water Safety Instructors in the Jr. Olympic-size pool • Adventure trips in the tri-county area • Basketball • Football • Hobby Hour program (over 40 choices) • Arts & crafts • Ceramics • Chess • Computers • Circuit training/ Indoor Cycling • Jewlery making • Lego/K'nex construction • Multi-media art • Garage Band Video/Music Production • Robotics • Rocketry • Ruach (Jewish spirit) • Website design
|HABIMAH "Performing Arts Camp" | Campers Entering 2nd-8th Grade
Lights, Camera, Action! HABIMAH campers expand their horizons and artistic potential in dance, drama, art and music. Under the guidance of our highly trained and talented staff, campers are immersed in a high level, 4-week production schedule filled with rehearsals, set designing, and a final musical performance at the end of each session.
What's Exciting In HABIMAH
Habimah campers travel on several field trips throughout the summer and participate in many JCC camp special events, including late nights. In addition to the arts, campers participate in fitness activities, an instructional water games program and an expanded Hobby Hour program including Hip-Hop, cheerleading, skit making, jazz and more.
• Ballet - Lyrical • Drama • Jazz I & II • Make Up Artistry • Musical theater • Painting & Drawing • Set Design • Tap • Swim - instructional and recreational • Garage Band Video/Music Production
MACCABI "Sports Camp" / Campers Entering 2nd-8th Grade
SPORTS CAMP is an in-depth, state-of-the-art athletic experience designed for boys and girls. Under the guidance of our certified, professional staff, campers participate in a wide variety of sports using the Alper JCC’s outstanding facilities. Campers are grouped according to age and participate in activities with their bunkmates.
What's Exciting In SPORTS CAMP:
• Daily instructional American Red Cross Swim Program led by fully trained Water Safety Instructors in the Jr. Olympic-size pool • Baseball • Basketball • Soccer • Wiffle Ball • Field trips • Fitness/Cardio-Vascular & Strength Training (6th - 8th grades) • Football • Garage Band Video/Music Production • Hobby Hour (over 40 choices) • Late night (optional each session) • Martial Arts • Rocketry • Indoor Cycling (6th - 8th grades)
HADRACHA "Leader In Training" - LIT | Entering 9th Grade
HADRACHA combines leadership training with a fun camp experience. LITs will work with campers and travel on field trips or participate in leadership and team building programs for 2 days. LITS will participate in mitzvah ("good deed") projects and trips. Additionally, one day will be spent at the JCC working on camp wide special events programming, and spending time with campers.
An interview process and acceptance is required for admission into the LIT program. 25 Community Service hours will be awarded for each 4-week session.
MADRICH "Counselor In Training"- CIT | Entering 10th Grade
Madrich CITs assist in camp groups and learn hands on skills as well as knowledge gained in leadership training sessions. A $100 stipend is given and 160 Community Service hours are awarded for each 4-week session. An interview is required for admission into the CIT program. Please contact Lene Saeger, x271, to schedule an interview. CIT staff requirement: 8 weeks preferred. Consideration will be given to 4-week applicants on an availability basis.
BECOME A CAMP SPONSOR
Your Tax Deductable Contribution will enable deserving children the opportunity to attend camp through the Ed Rosen Camp Scholorship Fund. Sponsorship has its privileges, including your company name appearing on signs during the camp season at the three pick-up and drop-off locations. You will also be recognized on our website and in Alper JCC Publications.
For more information on becoming a camp sponsor, contact Ann Horenstein at 305.271.9000 x253
2019 Camp Sponsors coming soon...
Weekly Camp Mailings & Information
Check back for weekly camp info as we get closer to Summer Camp...