Our mission is to preserve and strengthen the South Dade Jewish community by providing programs and services that are rooted in and promote Jewish values, ethics and traditions and that meet the social, cultural, recreational and educational needs of South Dade’s Jews.
The Alper JCC was created by the Miami Jewish community to serve the needs of South Dade’s Jews. Its mission:
- Assumes there is an intrinsic value in Jews participating in cultural, recreational, educational and social activities with other Jews.
- Seeks to build and maintain partnerships with other South Dade Jewish institutions.
- Affirms and exemplifies the centrality of Jewish learning to Jewish life.
- Demonstrates a commitment to inclusiveness by reaching out, through its services and programs to all Jewish population groups including interfaith families.
- Is proactively responsive to the continually evolving needs of the South Dade Jewish community.
- Seeks to build and maintain relationships between the South Dade Jewish and general communities and promotes responsible civic involvement.
- Demonstrates a commitment to providing programs and services that meet a broad range of needs and interests for each stage of life.
- Provides members with a sense of belonging and offers the highest quality of experiences and excellent service.
- And promotes volunteerism by creating opportunities for volunteer involvement.