Hover over date to see available events:
We welcome your interest in joining our family here at the J. Our strong communication and customer service makes us very affable to each and every one of our fellow members, naturally creating a home away from home for many.
From personal trainers to teachers, there's something for everyone here.
Fitness Center Floor Staff and Personal Trainers
If you're energetic, take pride in what you do, love to interact with people, have a positive attitude, love the fitness lifestyle and working in a comfortable yet energetic environment then this position is for you. We've just upgraded our equipment and are continuing improvments - be a part of this change!
Managment and experience in the service industry is a +plus+
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Presenting strong customer service
- Speaking to and greeting all members within speaking distance
- Managing the weight room floor during your designated shift
- Routine maintenance and cleaning of gym equipment
- Assisting members in the gym with any questions and assistance with equipment
- Occasional cold-calling, and setting members up with their orientations/initial sessions
- Calling members up to follow up and/or set up any unused orientations
- Having a keen sense in corrective technique for any members doing an exercise wrong or needing assistance on a machine.
- Maintain a strong communication, whether verbal, written or telecommunicated, with fellow JCC employees when needed
- Carrying a positive attitude and encouraging a fun work-environment :-)
Must have the following experience, education and skills:
- For Personal Trainers, a current National Personal Training certification from an accredited organization (if you don't currently possess one but are looking to, we can discuss)
- For Floor Staff, experience in the Fitness industry is preferred
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED certification
- Excellent customer service skills
- Reliability and availability a must
- Enthusiastic, friendly, energetic and personable
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills
- Hardworking, honest and possession of personal integrity
NOT A REQUIREMENT, BUT HELPFUL:
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Additional training certifications and specialties
PLEASE SEND RESUME TO: JGonzalez@alperjcc.org